The Marvelous Toy

C                            G                  C                         G
When I was just a wee little lad, full of health and joy
        F                          C                            D7               G
My father homeward came one night and gave to me a toy.
       C                G                        C                  F
A wonder to behold it was with many colors bright
                                      C                   D7                          G
And the moment I laid eyes on it, it became my heart's delight.

            C                                   G                                 C                             F           
It went zip when it moved and bop when it stopped whirrrr when it stood still
                              C                         G                  C
I never knew just what it was and I guess I never will.

C                               G                 C                  G
The first time that I picked it up I had a big surprise.
        F                                     C                              D7                            G
For right on it's bottom were two big buttons that looked like big green eyes.
   C                               G                    C                        F
I first pushed one and then the other, then I twisted it's lid.
                              C                 D7                G
And when I set it down again, this is what it did.

             C                                   G                                 C                             F        
It went zip when it moved and bop when it stopped whirrrr when it stood still
                              C                         G                  C
I never knew just what it was and I guess I never will.
  
C                                    G                             C                                G
It first marched left and then marched right, then marched under a chair
         F                             C                     D7              G
and when I looked where it had gone it wasn't even there.
     C                               G                                    C                          F
I started to cry but my Daddy laughed 'cause he knew that I would find.
                                          C                                      D7                      G
when I turned around my marvelous toy would be chugging from behind.

            C                                   G                                 C                             F           
It went zip when it moved and bop when it stopped whirrrr when it stood still
                              C                         G                  C
I never knew just what it was and I guess I never will.

C                                             G                         C                           G
The years have gone by too quickly it seems, I have my own little boy.
          F               C                       D7                   G
And yesterday I gave to him my marvelous little toy
        C                                    G                                  C                        F
His eyes nearly popped right out of his head and he gave a squeal of glee...
                                                 C                     D7                    G
Neither one of us knows just what it is but he loves it just like me.

                    C                                   G                             C                             F           
It  still goes zip when it moves and bop when it stops whirrrr when it stands still
                              C                         G                   C
I never knew just what it was and I guess I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment